In this day and age, the tattoo industry is continuously growing at a rapid pace. Its popularity continues to soar as more and more people are getting tattoos to express their selves. It’s a style choice for most people just like adding a necklace or earrings to a dress. The tattoos people get, however, do not only show off their style but rather it also shows their personality as well.
As the days go by and tattoo designs come and go, a lot of the designs that come out in recent years continues to challenge tattoo artists and tattoo enthusiasts alike. One of the most challenging to be released in the past few years was geometric tattoo designs. Everyone in the body art industry and the tattoo community are raving about geometric tattoo designs for quite some time now and for sure you would like to ask us if its worth the rave reviews and comments it is having now. Well, it is for you to decide but worry not as we will help you figure out if it is really worth it.
In this article, we will be sharing with you a rich and colorful collection of images of geometric tattoo designs. We will also be sharing with you a rich and wonderful background on the tattoo design such as its meaning, designs, and body placement.
Table of Contents
What Is A Geometric Tattoo?
So before we get onto geometric tattoos, you must first know the inspiration behind the said tattoo design which is geometry. well, what is geometry?
Geometry is a branch of mathematics that is concerned with questions of shape, size, the relative position of figures, and the properties of space. (source: www.wikipedia.org) This branch of mathematics, and in extension, science, is mostly considered as a graphic, logical, and numerical form of thinking. It is filled with figures, lines, and measurements which makes it a very interesting field of mathematics.
We are pretty sure, however, that the reason why geometric tattoo designs were inspired by geometry was not that of the measurements but rather the figures in this intellectual field. Geometric tattoos explore the idea of using numerous lines to form a unique shape and figure which can accentuate a simple tattoo.
Geometric Tattoo Designs
Since its introduction in the body art industry a few years ago, a lot of designs were made that can be classified under the geometric tattoo design category. Most of these designs are modern and artsy and here are some of the designs which feature geometric themes:
Low Poly Tattoos
Lowpoly tattoos are tattoo designs that feature a polygon mesh in 3D computer graphics that has a relatively small number of polygons. This specific tattoo design is quite famous for tattoo enthusiasts and tattoo artists that want to have a traditional tattoo design with a modern touch to it.
(See low poly designs for more information regarding low poly)
The tattoo design holds a lot of meaning to it though usually, the meaning of the tattoo even if it is in low poly form is the same as the traditional tattoo design where it is derived.
Here are some low poly tattoo designs that are quite famous in the tattoo community:
1. A low poly geometric tattoo of an owl on the arm.
2. A three dimensional low poly geometric tattoo of a fox’s head on the arm.
3. A low poly geometric tattoo of a lion that is inked on the leg.
4. A three dimensional low poly geometric tattoo on the upper back of a wolf.
5. A watercolor low poly geometric tattoo of a bear on the back
7. A low poly geometric tattoo of an eagle’s head on the sleeves.
8. A three dimensional low poly geometric tattoo of a dinosaur on the sleeves.
9. A highly detailed low poly geometric tattoo of a sword pierced heart on the thigh.
10. A low poly geometric tattoo of a rabbit with watercolor detailing to accentuate its visual appeal.
Simple Geometric Tattoos
Simple geometric tattoo designs are tattoo designs that feature simple geometry or shapes. These tattoo designs are the simplest of all tattoo designs out there because it does not involve a complex tattooing process.
There are two kinds of simple geometric tattoos, the filled and outline geometric tattoos. Filled geometric tattoo, like the name implies, is a tattoo design wherein the shape is completely filled with ink. Outline geometric tattoos, however, are tattoo designs wherein the outline of the shape is the only one inked.
The meaning of a simple geometric tattoo really varies from tattoo artists and tattoo enthusiasts. Since the design is simple, a lot of interpretation can be used by the wearer to give it more meaning than the design itself.
Here are some simple geometric tattoo designs we saw on the internet that screams “less is more”:
1. A simple geometric tattoo on the arm of various three dimensional objects.
2. A simple geometric tattoo of triangles on two arms wherein the upper arm features an outline tattoo while the other one features a filled in tattoo.
3. A simple geometric tattoo of a circle that is filled with ink and accentuated by lines of various lengths.
4. A simple geometric tattoo on the chest of a triangle’s outline.
5. A small simple geometric tattoo on the chest featuring three intersecting circles.
6. A small simple geometric tattoo of a Valknut on the hand.
7. A simple geometric tattoo on the sleeve.
8. two simple geometric tattoos on the wrists that features a flying saucer and a simplistic rendition of Saturn.
9. A simple geometric tattoo on the wrist of overlapping triangles.
10. A simple geometric tattoo on the wrist of two mountains.
The line tattoo design is one of the most beautiful designs out there. It is often considered by the community as chic, classic, and sophisticated. This tattoo design is said to be inspired by neon signs because the figure is composed of only one continuous line bending and turning to form the figure’s shape. It is also said to be the most painful because the inking process of this tattoo is a long and slow stroke of the tattoo pen. Despite the pain you will experience while having this tattoo inked on your skin, we are absolutely sure that you will not regret it.
Here are some line tattoo designs we saw on the internet that might convince you to get one yourself:
1. A wrist tattoo of a penguin drawn by using only one line.
2. A line geometric tattoo of an elephant and its trunk drawn by only using one line.
3. A thigh tattoo that features an elephant’s face and trunk drawn by using only one line.
4. A thigh tattoo that features the outline of a woman using only one line.
5. A sleeve tattoo of a man’s two face drawn using only one line.
6. A sleeve tattoo of two hands drawn using only one line.
7. A sleeve tattoo of a woman’s face using only a one line.
8. A back tattoo of a man drawn only using one line.
9. Two line geometric tattoo that features a bicycle and a face of a man.
10. A line geometric tattoo on the arm that features two people kissing.
Men And Geometric Tattoo Designs
Geometric tattoo designs are generally conceived as a women’s tattoo because it does not have the sharp and edgy look of a traditional tattoo design. Once geometric tattoo design elements were incorporated to traditional tattoo designs to accentuate or boost its visual value, however, more and more men are now dreaming and wishing to have one geometric tattoo on their skin. Its artistic value is often incomparable to other tattoo designs out there which is why men are now being drawn to this tattoo design.
Here are some geometric tattoo designs we saw on the internet that men would most probably want to have:
1. A highly intricate low poly geometric tattoo of a fox’s face with the valknut symbol on its side near the fox’s ear.
2. A highly detailed low poly geometric tattoo of a barking wolf situated on the sleeves area.
3. A simple geometric tattoo on the arm of triangles, both filled and just an outline, with various lines and dots added as additional embellishments to further improve its visual appearance.
4. A highly intricate geometric tattoo on the arm that is composed of lines of various thickness and length to give that striking visual appeal.
5. A geometric tattoo on the arm of different sizes of rhombuses with a shadowy and light fill on the inside with each overlapping layer darkening the coinciding areas.
6. A highly intricate geometric tattoo of a palm tree with various geometric tattoo design elements with art deco inspiration to further improve its visual appeal.
7. A highly detailed low poly geometric tattoos of an owl’s face and a wolf’s face on each arm.
8. A highly detailed and beautifully crafted geometric tattoo on the arm with clear art deco influences.
9. A highly intricate geometric tattoo of a cube with various rods or lines connecting to different sides of the cube which is situated on the arm.
10. An extremely detailed geometric tattoo on the arm with a tidal wave and various geometric tattoo design elements to further accentuate its visual appearance.
Women And Geometric Tattoo Designs
Geometric tattoo designs were conceived by tattoo artists and women tattoo enthusiast as an answer to the lack of feminine tattoo designs in the body art industry. Most tattoo designs during its introduction have this masculine vibe that is not compatible with the soft features of a woman. Most often than not, traditional tattoo designs have this sharp, edgy, and dark vibe that is surely not suitable for a regular woman who is not a rocker right? Thus, geometric, watercolor and other tattoo designs were introduced in recent years to combat the lack of feminine tattoo designs in the market.
Here are some of the geometric tattoo designs we saw that women will absolutely adore:
1. A highly intricate geometric tattoo with floral detailing situated on the ankle.
2. A geometric tattoo of a overlapping triangles that forms into a star that is situated on the wrist.
3. A highly detailed geometric tattoo of a mandala situated on the arm.
4. A highly intricate geometric tattoo of a rose with geometric tattoo details on the arm.
5. A highly intricate geometric tattoo on the arm of a stylized elephant’s face and its trunk.
6. A highly intricate low poly geometric tattoo of a feather slowly transitioning into a realistic feather on the arm.
7. A highly intricate low poly geometric tattoo of a wolf’s face on the rib cage.
8. A beautiful geometric tattoo of a rose on the rib cage with various geometric design elements to boost its visual appeal.
9. An artsy and intricate geometric tattoo of an arrow, compass, and a clock.
10. A highly detailed low poly geometric tattoo of Marilyn Monroe on the thigh.
Body Placement For Geometric Tattoo Designs
Since this particular tattoo designs generally concerns about shape and sizes, this tattoo design is ideally most suitable to flat surfaced parts of the body such as the chest and back areas. the sleeves and arm can also host a geometric tattoo provided that it does not wrap around the full circumference of the arm.